Hello, folks. I know that kidney is very important in metabolism of some electrolytes. I also know that disturbed levels of calcium and potassium can lead to metabolism disorders. I would just want to know to which ones they can lead. I hope someone here could help me with some details. Thanks.

Hi, there. You are right. Potassium and calcium are very important electrolytes for normal functioning of metabolism. Lack of calcium will affect mostly bones. If it is kids who are affected, then rickets is the option. In elderly, those are osteonalacia or osteoporosis with elderly women. Muscle spasms are also possible due to the disturbed levels of both potassium and calcium. Potassium can affect heart functioning as well. Some acute psychological reactions are also possible. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!