What can you tell me about angina? I have just been diagnosed with it after suffering from a lot of chest pain and stabbing. Is there anything I should pay special care to besides taking the medicines I was prescribed.

Here is a list of the most important things I got when I was diagnosed with it. The list helps you understand the risk factors and how you should manage them and what you should do to prevent the disease from becoming worse. First of all you need to quit smoking. If you have high blood pressure, you need to lower it. If you are overweight, you need to lose weight. If you have high cholesterol, you need to lower it. You need to activate yourself and start exercising. You may decide to go walking, or even better swimming. Depending on your age, you may go dancing, gardening, or cycle-whatever just to stay active. You need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, include fish into your diet, you need to eat starch-foods and eat poultry instead of pork. And you should limit salt intake. Alcohol is “allowed” but in small doses so you may have a small glass of wine or one schnapps. Any additional info you should get from your doctor.