Hey i'm 14 years old and i have a jones fracture in my left foot. this is my second time breaking the exact same spot so i am due for surgery in two days. :-( will the surgery affect sports, such as baseball and football? will it be fully functional and 100% normal? ?

Hi there! For most fractures, it takes 6 weeks to completely heal, and then another 2-3 weeks to get muscle strength and range of motion back. After a Jones fracture, this timeline may be a little longer, because of the watershed area and the slower healing rate due to low blood supply. Age can also play a role in healing times, as younger bones tend to heal a little faster. Jones fractures can become chronic conditions if the fracture fails to unite, or heal. If this is the case, surgery will likely be recommended to secure the fracture in place with a screw, and bone graft may be used to stimulate a healing response.