Hi, last year I felt weakness in my leg for the first time. It didn’t seam serious, so I ignored it. However, it was becoming more and more intense, until it became severe. I went to a doctor, and I’m still waiting for the results. What do you think it could be?

Hello, I experienced a leg weakness too, but it wasn’t exactly like in your case. My symptoms appeared rapidly, and I knew immediately that there was something wrong with me. Beside weakness, I felt tingling and I lost sensation in my muscles. I went to a doctor, but since it was an early stage of disease, he couldn’t diagnose me right away. However, when he used some tests like electromyography (EMG) and spinal tap (lumbar puncture), he realized that I suffer from Guillain-Barre syndrome. This is an inflammatory disorder, when the body's immune system attacks the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord. It progresses quickly, and I was lucky that I diagnosed it on time. It can’t be cured, but there are treatments such as plasmapheresis that can reduce the symptoms. I would do anything do reduce this irritating leg weakness, and I really hope this treatment will help me.

Another thought: I have severe leg weakness and unbalance. I can't walk a straight line and sometimes stagger a bit like Capt. Jack.
My MRI revealed stenosis arthritis with a bone in my neck pinching down on my spinal cord. I'm scehdualed for cervical spinal fusion next week. I'm very frightened about it, but I can't keep going around like this!

dear friends im having pain in my leg muscles specially in lower muscles and feel lot of weakness. im a heart patient and remains worried all the times of this pain which i feel early morning and in the evening most of the time. what is the possibility or reason. or what should i do?