Hi there. I hope that you are doing fine. I need to consult with you about something. I was reading something about coarctation of aorta and I am pretty sure that I have heard somewhere that this health issue can happen to anyone who have problems with heart. So, if that is true I believe that I am in this group as well. And, a half of my family as well.

Now, is there anyone here who have experience with it? Can you tell me what is coarctation of aorta and what causes it?

Any symptoms or something that can be a sign? 

Hello there. I was reading recently about this and I wrote it down at the paper, because I remember that my uncle asked me the same question a few days ago.

Coarctation of the aorta is actually  a narrowing of the aorta ( that is very large blood vessel that branches off your heart ) and it usually delivers oxygen-rich blood to your body. When this occurs, your heart must pump harder to force blood through the narrow part of your aorta.

This issue of the aorta is generally present at birth and coarctation of the aorta can range from mild to severe. I don’t know what is the cause.

Good day two of you.

Coarctation of aorta may occur alone. It can also occur with other abnormalities in the heart. It usually appears more frequently in boys than girls. It also occurs with other congenital heart defects, such are two different diseases - Shone’s complex and DiGeorge syndrome. This disease usually develop during fetal development, but doctors don’t fully understand its causes. So, to find out the cause you need to do some studies just to be sure. It is very hard to tell this way what the cause is. Bunch of tests and analyses needs to be done.

Hey there.

Just like I assumed, the cause for every disease is hard to determine. I could imagine this. OK, anyway I need to tell you that those information are really helpful to me. But still, I don't understand one thing - what are the symptoms that are showing that you possible could have problems with coarctation of aorta? I mean, if they are pretty much the same like for every other heart issue, how can you recognize you have problem with coarctation of aorta?

And how you can treat it? Any possibility for it, some home remedies? Thank you. 

Hello there. I have also question for you about this topic, about coarctation of aorta. I have this issue as well and my doctor told me that in my case this aorta was caused by some very strong heart beats, and skipped heartbeats as well. Now, I am not sure could this be a reason, but I believe that there is a term for those diseases. I want to know should i seek for another opinion and should I try to find some other doctor to tell me is this the cause or not? Thank you very much.

Hey there. Hypertension could be the reason for coarctation of aorta. But that is all “it could be”. It is very hard to tell because sometimes doctors are not so sure what are the main cause of it. There is a possibility that coarctation of the aorta develops later in the life and some traumatic or hard injury can lead to coarctation of the aorta. Very rarely, severe hardening of the arteries or a condition can cause inflamed arteries and they can narrow the aorta, which also can lead to aortic coarction. As you can see, there are so many causes.