Okay...I've been seeing all these posts about foreskin and not being able to pull it back and stuff like that. I don't really understand them due to the fact that I have no idea what foreskin is %-) ! Any definitions?

http://indra.com/~shredder/intact/anatomy/

Do you have a computer on line?
Google it.

yes most of your deffinition questions can be found by googleing the term..... but since you asked a foreskin is a piece of skin that covers the head of the penis. when one is circumcised the forskin is removed and you can see the head of the penis clearly.

yea...I was circumcised at birth. My parents said that the docter who delivered me reccomended it, but I didn't really understand. Thanks.

good i'm glad you know.
anymore questions/concerns just let us know

Maybe the definition of foreskin was filtered online where he was %-) I've known of that, and I've also known of this website being filtered for some reason - we must be unruly ;-)

On a side note to this though; this is the problem with the schools. They don't teach anything about the foreskin, this guy doesn't even know what it is, let alone how he should look after it if he'd got one. The sex education classes now just concentrate on sex, periods and babies and needs more in there about some of the more everyday practical stuff like this.

I was hoping the introduction of sex ed would be much more helpful than it appears to be. I guess it gets edited by too many people with their own agendas. It looks like we haven't come too far from the dark ages where I grew up. When it came to sexual relations and anatomy, they treated us like mushrooms --- kept us in the dark and fed us horse s**t. If a teacher had ever mentioned a penis, foreskin, clitoris, labia, vagina, glans, that certainly would have gone home and there would have been a major uprising of parents. I'm not sure that's very far from the attitudes of today.

I feel if we could develop a comprehensive course where students would feel free to ask the kind of questions we see here without feeling ashamed and get real answers to their concerns and teach about human sexual relations, we would be so much better off. Drawings and diagrams are not very helpful. They need real photos or OMG a live model to be able to see what is actually there. Don't call that pornography ---- they need to know. The little man in the boat is a very poor description of a clitoris and where to find it. It really pains me to hear from a 16 year old who has no idea what that thing is that he can see inside his foreskin and is afraid to pull it back or doesn't know it can be pulled back.

I don't feel that's the kind of stuff that should be relegated to the parents to teach their kids. There are too many parents who don't know much more than, stick this in here to make a baby, because THEY were never taught. Knowing what's going on with your developing body and how to pleasure your marriage partner is so important we can't just ignore it. Do we really want our young people to be that poorly informed?

OK, I'm getting down off the soap box now.

I 'm not christian.

friskywhiskers wrote:

kingfreze wrote:

Maybe the definition of foreskin was filtered online where he was :? I've known of that, and I've also known of this website being filtered for some reason - we must be unruly

I 'm not christian.

:? umm, ok? Does that actually have anything to do with anything here, or did you just think you'd let us know

njoynlife

We're probably better than in 'your day' but just nowhere near perfect. There is a lot of contraception stuff, which can only be a good thing. And I agree with you on the live model, maybe introduce it at the latter years of secondary school rather than with the 11 year olds but I think it would be good. A lot of people on here don't know what their genitals are supposed to look like.

Fordyce spots are a very common problem on here, as well as phimosis-like conditions but neither are covered in schools.

Also parents have the right to withdraw their children from these lessons and you generally find a few missing from each lesson. When will they get the chance to learn?