Hello. Ever since I was about 15 I began masturbating. With time a seperation appeared at the right hand side joining the top of the foreskin to the glans. ( I have a short foreskin which never goes beyond the base of the glans, as in covering the head). At the time this freaked me out as I could see a white material which gradually fell out as the 'hole' between my foreskin and glans became bigger. Another 'hole' developed on the opposite side and they both became bigger until the whole 'attachment was severed. Even like this my forskins stayed happily at the base of the glans and I never ventured beneath fearing the white material was some kind of connective tissue.

I had sex, which posed no problems. But one time when I had an erection for a long time while with a girl (wearing tight jeans), afterwards something felt wrong and I went to the bathroom. My foreskin was far down my penis and this white material was clearly visible and all mangled. I honestly have never been so horrified. I picked off a small piece or two at awkward angles and tried to move my foreskin back up. It too a few days for it to return to the normal position.

Up to present day (i'm 19) I never knew what the white stuff was- its smegma, and it's not a functional part of the penis, right? good stuff!

Whenever I heard 'clean under your foreskin' I assumed it meant for every guy to pull back his foreskin to expose the glans and wash it. Seen as my foreskin never covers my glans anyway i ignored this. But now I'm confused a little. Does it mean pull the foreskin back (towards the body) beyond the glans and wash the exposed area where the white stuff is and get rid of it all. This seems a little wierd and I imagine it would be uncomfortable. Does nobody else have this white stuff? Does everyone else wash it away? Thought I occasionally have sex with a condom I never have had a blow job. I dont allow the girl because I know she'll pull the skin too far and expose the smegma. eeek! I dont have any of the smell problems due to smegma which i've read here. To be honest until 30 min ago I though it was a necessary part of the penis.

So to summarise can anybody clarify the pulling of the foreskin past the glans and washing issue mentioned above as soon as possible.

Cheers. Hope everyone gets the answers they seek. Its a shitty situation being 16 and terrified! I think a lot of us have been there!

Thanks

I think i have it too because every so often when i pulled back my foreskin i would see a yellow-ish substance which i believe to be smegma and it seemed to be "encrusted" onto my glands and foreskin. When i saw this, it really freaked me out, and i researched loads of different topics, and this one guy said to just grin and bear it and pull it off. I did this like 30 mins ago and now its quite uncomfortable but i think you just have to wash lots and lots, although it seemed to be a bit unwashable because it was quite a hard substance???

I also read that when one guy picked it off, he hasn't had a problem with it since.

I also have a sensitive gland area and am quite scared about washing it because it is quite sore. It seems that if i put water onto the gland, it makes it less sore, because i think the reason it is sore is because it was dry.

I had this, just shower daily and clean it off, the presure of the shower should jst make it come off, but sometimes just give it a good rub and gone :-)..

how long does it take to be completely removed and not come back or does it stay and you have to wash it everyday?

thanks

As far as I know its just a part of general hygeine. Some people produce more of it and some don't produce any at all. Each time you wash just remember to pull back your foreskin and get it all out.

Hey guyz, i think every boy has it and i think its usefull when having sex. I've had sex with 6 guys and everyone had it, some even very much. the smell was a bit strange for me the first time, but i liked it. If there is much, i don't pull the foreskin completly back cause it tastes quite salty  XD
One time there was nothing left after my bj and the sex felt very dryxp

kizzes chrissy16 :-|

Im 13 and i have this problem too

I have foreskin, when soft covers the glans, when born they just sniped the excess that was at the end. I wish they would have left it alone. If I don't pull back the skin and wash,smegma will start. I realize that not everyones foreskin is the same. Some all the skin was left on and hangs down.I have seen pictures that the foreskin looks very thin,almost transparent and some that is thick. I guess it is hereditary that is the factor on the different skin textures and thickness. Parents are usually asked at the time of the birth by the Dr. if they want circumsizion or not. It is much more common in America to see guys cut. Some look like it is painfull when they are erect. I was born in the late 50's, and know my uncles and Dad were uncut . A lot of home births are done with mid-wifes. I assume since they are not Doctors, that they cut the cord and leave the foreskin alone. There was and still are places where a hospital is not close, which is why these areas use mid-wifes. I'm white, of European decent, I know most English guys are uncut, it is sometimes talked about when an actor appears in a nude scene in a movie. I think if left up to the mothers,since they are primary care givers to babies,that they request it cut when asked. It has been a topic on tv show's where there is a disagreement when the baby is born, like on "Greys Anatomy". Fathers who are uncut, usually want their sons to be also, or is portrayed that way on tv.People of Jewish Faith have a ritual where it is done while the baby is young. Done in the synagogue as a ritual.. America and it's Morals, can't handle the responsibility of being able to have an honest talk to their children about sexual hygiene, or sex at all for that matter.Parents having "The Talk" to their kids seldom happens.Girls start their periods, and are handed a box of tampons. Boys bodies change, and they are left to figure out for themselves what to do. I never had a Dr. that made me think they could be asked any questions,they told you how you were and even when I had prostate surgery 2 yrs ago,my Dr. acted like it was uncomfortable to talk about .He never told me I would bleed after a biopsy, or my surgery would most likely have permanant side-effects. He said,"It may get better or it may not" ,then he turned and walked out of the room. A man who chose a to become a Uroligist, and you can't be honest with their patients. Why did he pick a specialized area of the body he can't talk to his patients about. That's why we end up asking questions on-line! Some parents handle what they need to, but most don't. Ask your Dr. questions, and if he doesn't answer in a way you feel good about, find one who does.Finally found one I know I can ask anything.

It sounds like you are describing smegma, which is an accumulation of skin cells and other material underneath the foreskin. You are better off cleaning it away, because it tends to attract bacteria and can cause foul odors and infection. It is not a part of the penis skin, and washing it off will not hurt you. You can also help to keep the area clean and odor free and prevent irritation by applying a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). When you wash, use a mild cleanser instead of soap, and make sure to rinse it thoroughly, then dry the area gently before replacing the foreskin.

Good luck!

Michael, PhD

Smegma is a mixture of exfoliated skin cells and body oils. It is quite natural and is not a disease.

You had a fusion of the foreskin with the head. This also is quite natural because boys are born with this fusion but it usually separates prior to age 15. In your case, the fusion trapped the smegma, which had been accumulating for 15 years, so you apparently have quite a lot.

Olive oil is recommended for softening hardened smegma and removing it. It is time for you to do that. Then you can have your blowjobs.

Smegma is composed of particles of exfoliated skin. Skin constantly exfoliates and makes a new supply of smegma. I don't think one needs to wash every day but from time to time one does need to wash the smegma away so that it does not get stale.

Hi Guest:

Get some olive oil and soak the hardened smegma in olive oil to soften it.

Smegma is normal my friend. And unfortunately, it needs to be controlled through daily care and attention. Wash and dry with soap and water every single day (more times if needs be) and start using a penis health creme containing Vitamin A. Vitamin A is tough on the odor-causing bacteria which make up smegma. Take these steps and you should see, feel and smell a big improvement.

Hi Guest:

Every boy is born with the foreskin fused with the glans penis. This is a normal developmental stage. You had a fusion at the back of your glans penis. The fusion broke down, which is what it is supposed to do. That created a hole. Then another hole appeared and finally the whole fusion separated. Behind the fusion was a pocket in which smegma (the white stuff) had been accumulating since you were born.

Smegma is NOT filth. Smegma is a mixture of exfoliated skin cells and the sub-preputial moisture which contains skin oils. It is natural, normal, healthy, and harmless. It is healthy because it lubricates the foreskin and provides skin oils to keep the mucosal surface of the glans penis in good health.

Smegma is light in color. Some think it looks like cream cheese.

Smegma should be washed away once in a while, because it can become irritating and smelly if it remains too long. Don’t use soap inside your foreskin.

When the foreskin is retracted for the first time, many young males find caked on smegma because it has been harmlessly accumulating since birth. This may be softened with olive oil so it can be removed.

One may expect to find more smegma every week as it is being continually produced. Do not worry too much about it. Smegma is normal and healthy.

Your foreskin is not attached to the shaft under it, so it is free to glide back and forth on the shaft. That is what it is supposed to do. You may pull your foreskin as far back as it will go. Then you can clean off the smegma. If it is caked on, you may soak it in olive oil to soften it.

can you use bath oil or nah