I keep asking myself what it is with teen and their parents' nowdays. I work with teenagers I am a math teacher in a high school and I never had such communications problem in my carrier ever before –maybe it is about me I don't know but something is definitely wrong on our relations and those kids today are so mean and non educate and I am curious what I did wrong and how come their parents are not willing to give me no support to improve their teens kids behavior.

Frankly I don't get your problem but it seems like you have hard time dealing with teenagers from your class-you should know they already have hard time dealing with their years condition now and I think you are the one who should at least try to understand them or at least try to build some more friendly like approach. And what about their parents–I don't get it still maybe you should have been more precise about this specific problem but in general I think that maybe it is about your approach to those teenagers needs and lifestyle.

I feel for you clovis, and I'm a psychology major! Teenagers do indeed have a lot to deal with. There's not only changes going on physically but mentally as well. I believe that though the parenting styles have changed throughout the years, they can't all be for the worse. The biggest change is the culture. People nowadays are encouraged to speak up and out about every little thing, and even though not intended this can come out as whining (sometimes it is intended whining :-P ) Teenagers seem to work best when being spoken to like adults, one on one. You don't have to try and understand every pop culture thing they refer to, and don't try too hard to be "cool" in their eyes. This ends up only making you look bad. My approach is to simply step back. These are the things I like, you don't like them - well that's your decision. I like rap music but only the kinds that have moving lyrics. You know that kind of thing. I don't know how seasoned of a teacher you are, but math is a difficult subject to teach to the general populace anyway, much less teenagers. I always said it takes a special kind of gift to be able to not go psycho in a high school :-D Develop your teaching method and keep it steady so everyone has something to depend on. Keep your rules firm. And develop your own style that the teenagers may or may not relate to but at least can identify. Good Luck!