Would you give your consent?
Should there be a need for consent?

Who cares you teach your own kid the facts anyway?

What do you think?

I'd give consent. They're going to find out sooner or later anyway...

1) Depends on your kid's age. Which can be confused with your kid's maturity. Would still do it (explain it to him) with LC. By explanations - sock puppets optional.

2) If a school offers it, there should be parental consent. No two ways about it.

3) Better from you than from the streets. And in some cases, from the classroom. (if I got the question right)

My kids still can't figure out where the stork finds 'em at.....

Riiiiight, dad.

I agree

1) YES

2) NO

3)  That's dumb. Too many parents don't know much more than the kids and are terribly misinformed as evidenced by many of the statements found on this site.

I feel it should be a part of our education on a timely basis beginning quite early. I remember having questions when I was as young as 5 and I got ridiculous answers like the stork thing. I was aghast when I learned from some of my friends that my parents actually screwed to produce me as that was something dirty we talked about when grownups were not near. I don't think kids should learn that way. Since that revelation I have felt we should have factual information delivered to our young ones so they don't learn about how things work the way I did. When I went to my mother with that information she still denied it. After that I didn't believe much of anything my parents said about sex.

Having truthful information available is so important to young people. By the time I got married I still knew almost nothing about how to have sex for us to enjoy and my wife knew even less. We spent our lives with her feeling sex is dirty ---- but you're supposed to enjoy it when you're married --- but ---- it's still dirty ---- maybe. So no matter what we did she always had that feeling of guilt and projected it onto me. I loved giving her oral and she loved receiving it until after when the guilt set in because that was really dirty. Thank God I had a girlfriend before her who spent most of the time we were together holding my face tightly against her vulva for hours at a time or I might have believed the way my wife does too.

The questions we read here from young people are evidence they want/need to know and some of the answers they get are horrible evidence of what too many don't know. 

I would defer to the parents right to consent. I mean, they have the FINAL responsiblity for raising the children.

I'm wondering whose parents actually ever talked about that to them and if they did, was it anything useful. My parents mumbled something about the birds and the bees and then got real busy. They were too uncomfortable to even talk about.

I would always give consent and there should be no reason to have to give consent for your child to gain practical knowledge. The more they know about their bodies and about sex and all the extras that come with it, the easier it's going to be for them to make safer and more responsible choices.
The earlier the better.
Information is not somehow evil just because penis.
It's very funny to me that parents will take action to withhold potentially valuable information about the decisions that their WILL have to make. Kids can be faced with this stuff at an earlier age than any parent would want. All that we can do is give them every available tool to make it easier for them to choose safer.

I thought it was in the cabbage patch! :hysteria:

must have consent....but teach it at home first.

lalalalalalala I can't hear you lalalalalalala

but seriously, I would want to see the curriculum before I gave consent.

And yes, in matters of sex education, there is NO WAY a school should not consult the parents first.

Yes, I'd give consent.

This being after I talked to my children first.

My parents had to give consent for me.

Of course, I'm still not sure I got it right.

But I don't see the issue with consent....I only see the issue with trying to teach one stance over another...

:1:
I'm with my long lost twin sister on this one.

:1:
/my wife IS the teacher though :o