What do you do if you workout regularly, run, rock climb and participate in the outside world? Total conundrum. Am i fat? Is my girfriend pregnant? What is the burning sensation when i pee? Is it an STD? How can i look more like people in magazines? Am i fat? Am i fat? Am i fat? This is what you all sound like...

I'm fairly sure you should get a life... you know, real life, involving other people kind of life. There is a life outside "The Internet", trust me... it can get ugly to the burning urination point ugly, but.... Give it a try! Who knows, even someone as so-totally-uber-cool and above us all - as you might find something interesting there.

Oh yes... yes yes yes.

Tell me about this "real life". I'm quite interested.

Glad you can help.

And I fed the troll. No, I'm sure there isn't a thing I can tell you that you already don't know. And I don't want to look stupid. Which I inevitably would, compared to you.
Here, have another bite.

Best thing to do is not post, Nikols. There are tons of things more deserving of your time :)

Hey Nikolsm

Havent heard from you in a while how are things going?

Hey there nikols, how ya been?

I think YRE should NOT be encouraged to leave the internet. I would hate to think he/she might be sitting next to me in the diner.

agreed..... I Think Bob is taking care of it....

Hey guys,
I've been up to a lot lately :) I have a new job, so there was a lot of adjusting and learning to do and not much spare time, but anyways, things are moving more to the brighter side :) I checked on here once in a while since old habits die hard, but hopefully, now that I'm settled in, I'll have more time to catch up.
Bio, unknown... glad you two have gotten the rank :) How are things with you?
And yes, njoy, I guess my "shiny" mood was trying to tell this one too that there are better things in life than making everyone else's more miserable. I know it's probably in vain.
i guess you'll be seeing me a bit more around, hope everything is well or as good as it can be with all of you!

Everything is going great with me...... workin a few jobs and took a couple classes last semester.

AnD Thanks on the rank.... Looking forward to your help!!!!

Welllllllllll ------- are you going to tell us about the new job or do we have to picture it in our minds?

OR ---- will you have to kill us if you tell us?

I got a job since we last talked, I think. The local school system was looking for a "crossing guard" so I applied and they hired me. It's kind of a two part job. Half traffic control and half crossing guard. I start out at the high school where I stop traffic so the busses can get out after they unload in the morning and then in the afternoon I stop the parents leaving so the whole line of busses can get out. Then I have to run down to a busy intersection in town to get the elementary school kiddies across safely on the way to and from school. The bus drivers really appreciate the traffic control I do for them and the parents walking their kids to school are quite pleasant to talk to at the intersection. So I love the job and I have most of the day between the start and end of school to do whatever I want.

I am "retired" but I needed the extra income to pay the utillities for one of the apartments I rent out of my house. I'll never make the stupid mistake of agreeing to pay the utillities on an apartment again. Those people use 3 times what the utillities SHOULD be on the apartment. It's a small 3 room apartment while mine is 6 rooms plus my shop. Their heating bill is nearly 3 times what mine is. Their electricity is double what mine is and they have no heavy electric appliances while I have an electric stove and a washer and dryer and my hot water is electric. Before they moved in my water consumption for the whole house was 20,000 gallons a quarter. When they moved in it went up to 30,000 a quarter.

It's well known among landlords that utillities will almost double if you pay for them, compared to what they are if the tenant pays for them. But I certainy didn't expect triple, plus the increase in water use compared to all my previous tenants over the past 44 years.

But I love the job so that's a good thing that came out of this. I'll keep the job even after those tenants are gone because it's so much fun.

Thanks! I didn't even know I had gotten it until I came back. When I realized I had I got so excited I love this site and helping everyone. I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you we haven't talked in quite some time :-)

Hey NJOY.....

Well, I have many small jobs.... 1.) I am a veterinary technician i was working full time durring the summer but then took some classes in the fall so went down to only working a couple days per week.

2.)   I still sub teach grades K-12 in all subjects however my preference is 6-12 grade and  for subjects either health or science (anatomy, biology life science ect....) I always tell the students who are in sex ed (which i havent got to sub for yet :(  ) to payu attention cuz its one of the most important things you will learn.... after helping on this site it has become VERY apparent.

3.) I am the drumline instructor for may alma mater highschool. and I also give a few private drum lessons here and there.

4.) I work at a local winery on the weekends )to pay my car loans lol).   its a lot of ffun and i get to meet  A LOT of NEAT and interesting people. lot of people from Chicago.

It is a fun time and a total change of pace and atmosphere compared to the vet clinic. so its nice to get out of that stressfull situation and just relax, drink some wine and have a good time......

Well... my job is nowhere as interesting as that - at least both of you get to be outside (not to mention Bio's winery :) while I'm "stuck" in the office, in front of the monitor, most of the time. Although, you were right njoy - I do live a double life :D I'm exploring the wilderness of the small office administration by day, while at night I become "I finally need to start learning and get my master thesis done" superhero-cat-girl :) Surprisingly, turned out that even learning the basics of how this-or-that should be written gave me some confidence and energy to do more.
As far as the tenants are concerned, the logic is simple - why save on anything that is not coming out of your pocket? I know it's a bit pessimistic, but most people are selfish or just simply don't care.
I realized that really quickly when I had to start paying for all my stuff and all the bills. You either have to be so cold -blooded and have no sense of, well, just normal respect for others, or you just don't mind being in debt.
Didn't know you were a drummer, Bio :) You have a band or... ?