I'm 13 and everytime I pull back my head to clean my glans or masterbate I seem to have a piece of foreskin attached to just below the hole. I can pull my forekin back quite far, almost so it completely goes over my head, but I don't want to go any further in case it rips or something. I've heard people pull it back until it hurts for five minutes a day but it doesn't hurt, I'm just worried my foreskin isn't properly off.

Can anybody clarify this?

Cheers.

Nobody can help?

OK, you can retract your foreskin, but it appears to have a connection to the glans below the opening, or meatus.

Though everyone's anatomy is slightly different, this is not an uncommon report.

First, if you are able to clean the glans and the head, you have no problem.

Second, if you are concerned about this, your family doctor can help you.
There is a doctor's office procedure called a "dorsal slit" which will snip the foreskin in approximately the area you describe, to allow for greater mobility of the foreskin. This is normally used when the foreskin is so tight, that it will not retract far enough to allow cleaning, etc.

This is NOT something you should attempt yourself, but can be done safely and quickly in a doctor's office. There is a period afterwards where you will want to refrain from sexual activity, to allow the cut to heal without risk of infection.

Again, your doctor can advise you if your specific condiction is a problem case or not.

I would recommend making an appointment, whether your parents go with you or not.

Good luck.
Let us know how this turns out, please.

Thanks,

No pain when cleaning so I should be OK for now but I'll see how it goes.

Again, if it is poses no pain... you can retract it enough to clean thoroughly... and you get no pain from it during sex... then you've got no problem.

Next time you go to the doctor for any reason, ask to speak with him/her privately, and tell them of your concern. They may ask you to demonstrate how far it will retract, and you should show them in no uncertain terms how far and why you are concerned. They'll then determine if you are a candidate for a "dorsal slit" or if you should wait.

At age 13, not all your growing is done yet. This could still work out to be no problem.

It's good that you're performing self checks. You also will want to perform self-examinations of your testicles on a regular basis. If you've not be shown how, ask at your next doctor's visit. It's an important thing for a man to keep track of...at least once a month. It's the best way to catch any growing problems, IF they should occur.

For now, though, you sound fine. Good Luck.

The small piece of skin attaching the foreskin to the glans is called the “frenulum” – it’s basically like the band of skin underneath your tongue that attaches it to the bottom of your mouth. It’s a normal part of the anatomy and should not be an issue unless it causes discomfort. You may want to consider a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) to support the skin’s natural elasticity and help to prevent injury from friction and rough handling.

Cheers!
Michael, PhD

Michael, thank you for sharing your knowledge of anatomy. I did a goggle search for "Man 1 Man Oil" and found a main sales site. I'm not sure that I agree with all of their approach, however, I understand the thought that skin care products and oils applied to the skin are most beneficial. I'm not certain what else is in their product, and I suspect you can get the same benefit from rubbing massage oil, or most any skin lotion into the skin the same way (although it may not be quite as erotic). It just seems a little pricey for a bottle of masturbation oil, as I am certain it will be used this way. I thought there might be some other alternatives as well as "Man 1 Man Oil". By the way, I was surprised that they didn't capitalize on the name "Man 2 Man oil" as well... LOL!