Hello, good people. Sometimes I think I am allergic to everything. From time to time, a new item pops up. I am really interested in what is happening when a body recognizes an allergen. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks. Bye!

Hello. The first contact between body and allergen passes with no symptoms. Allergen can enter the body in various ways. It can be ingested, inhaled, injected, etc. The first time it enters, it stimulates the secretion of IgE – specific proteins. They bind to mastocytes and basophiles – cells rich with histamine granules. There, these molecules wait that allergen to enter the body again. When that happens, allergen binds for these IgE molecules. This is a signal for releasing histamine from mastocytes’ granules. This histamine is responsible for all the symptoms that are characteristic for a certain allergy. I hope this was helpful.