Hello. I'm 28 year old male and I can't stop thinking about my mother, how does she feel and does she feel any pain.
Three days ago my mother has been diagnosed with some thyroid disorder called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
I really don’t know anything about her symptoms because I wasn’t there with her when all this happened.
All I know is that she is kept in hospital because of this supposedly serious disorder. I've also heard that heredity is also important in developing this disorder! Can someone please tell me more about this!?

My husband has been diagnosed with this disorder and that’s why I know some facts about it. From what I know about it Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an inflammation of the thyroid gland that end up as hypothyroidism, or decreased thyroid gland function.
It means that your mother is lack of normal thyroid hormones.
It is believed that this is autoimmune process which means that it is caused by reaction of the immune system against the thyroid gland.
I don’t know how serious your mother is ill but this disorder is often mild, and no treatment is needed in these cases. So, your mother has been kept in hospital probably because of blood test that should be done.
It is also considered that heredity plays a major role in developing this disorder!