Hello there everyone. I've been doing some research a couple of days ago, since my family is having some heart and health issues. I don't want to tell you now what is my biggest concern, but I really want to as you one thing that I really was not able to find anywhere and I was not able to find out from anyone who I asked about it. Well, I really want to know is there someone who can tell me the difference between an event recorder and a loop monitor? I want to know it shortly, those main differences. Thank you. 

Hey there. Good day. I do know that a cardiac event recorder is a battery - powered portable device that you control to tape-record your heart’s electrical activity (ECG) when you have symptoms. Actually, there are two types of event recorders: a loop memory monitor and a symptom event monitor. Cardiac event recorders and other devices that record your ECG as you go about your daily activities are also called ambulatory electrocardiographic monitors. That is all that I know but I think that in the end the difference is not that big.  It is important that, if you feel some pounding in your chest, visit your doctor.

Good day there. Actually there no are so many differences between them.  They are very similar devices and you get sent home with one for a few weeks up to one month to monitor for arrythmias. You wear a loop monitor continuously other than showering. When you feel  some unusual symptoms, such as lightheaded, dizzy, etc, you press a button and the unit will save the previous few minutes of your heart rhythm. When you're done, you'll send the loop monitor back to your physician so the saved data can be analyzed. The event recorder, from what I understand, is not worn continuously. When you experience symptoms, you connect the event monitor and press a record button.  They work at the same principle.

Hi there Guest,

These are the best devices for catching the details of your arrhythmia. 

I honestly think that the loop monitor is a bit better but they still do the same thing. I think that the loop monitor is better because it records the details about your heart even before you realized that you had symptoms of your arrhythmia. But when you have an event recorder, you connect it at the very moment when you feel that you are having an arrhythmia so it misses a lot, all the period before you realized that you are having skip heart beats.

Hey everyone,

I know that a loop monitor is a bit better than an event recorder, that is simply a fact, but I would always go with an event recorder rather than with a loop monitor.

You see, you have to wear this loop monitor thing all the time on you, except when you want to take a shower. You don't have to do this with an event recorder. You just connect it once you think that you are having your arrhythmia moments. It does lose some data that it would get right before the arrhythmia occurred, but it's not a big deal.

Both of these are very good and you just need to pick an option which works best for you. If you can't wear a device like this all of the time, just go with the event recorder. If you can, go with a loop monitor. Loop monitor is more precise because you don't have to think about the right time to connect your device. On both devices, you just have a single button to press and that's all, so using both of these is quite easy. If you doubt your skill to connect your device at the proper time, go with a loop monitor.

Well, if you ask me and if you want to do this right, you should go for a loop monitor. You don't need much time to get the info that you need about your arrhythmia and you can let the device do its own thing without you having to worry about the timing or anything. Once you press the record button, it is going to record even the details of your heart arrhythmia that happened a minute ago, so you won't really lose any data which might be important. 

Take my advice, if you want to do it right, take a loop monitor.

Hello everyone. I really support everything that you said in here, but I can also tell from the stories that I do know that both of those gadgets are pretty much the same. First, I remember that my friend Aisha told me that event recorder is pretty good thing if you want to find out what are you dealing with. It is not that dangerous and it is pretty much safe and reliably. On the other hand, I really don't know anyone who was using this loop monitor. I can see from your posts something about it, but I just can't recommend you should you do it or not.