Good day everyone. I hope that you can help me because I am a little bit scared for my health because of my current health condition. I am having diabetes type 2 since I was 21 years old (now I am 38 years old). I am treating it regularly and successfully so far. But I was reading something about this disease and I find out that hyperlipidaemia is very common in diabetes type 2 patients.. I really hope that this is not true, so I am expecting you to tell me something about it. Is it true and what can I do about it?

Good day there. I am afraid that this is correct. Hyperlipidaemia is very common in type 2 diabetes and contributes significantly to the incidence of some coronary heart disease. The dyslipidaemic profile includes a high total triglyceride and a low HDL cholesterol. The concentrations of LDL cholesterol show less specific changes in diabetics, but when elevated, they can be very important contributor to the risk of some coronary heart disease. Patients with diabetes should be screened for hyperlipidaemia and other vascular risk factors. If you have it, you need to change your lifestyle habits if you want to remain healthy.

Hello everyone. Well that is what I was scared about. I have heard this and since I have heard it I need to tell you that I got really scared about it. I am trying to live normal life, but I don't know what else to do. I really do hope that you can tell me about it, that you can give me advice what to do about it, what lifestyle changes are very important for me?
Also, I need to tell you that I am a little bit overweight, so I really want to know is this matters? Is there any way to prevent this, because I really don't want this to happen to me at all :/

Hey there RiRi. I just cannot tell you how sorry I am because you are going through this issue. I assume that it is not easy at all for you. But unfortunately, just like Eric already told you hyperlipidaemia is very common in diabetes type 2 patients. Luckily, you can do some things about it. You said that you are overweight - well you need to do anything to try to lose your weight. This can only affect your health and you can get worse. Also, you need to try to cut out all unhealthy foods and you should try to eat clean.