I have heard that Paget’s disease affects bones, and I think that is interesting. Throughout a person’s life, bone is constantly breaking down and growing back, I know this very well. With Paget’s disease, the normal process of bone growth is changed, that is what I have heard. It scared me what I have heard that the bone breaks down more quickly, and when it grows again, it is softer than normal bone. That is why I wish to hear more about this, if there is anyone, who could tell me what Paget’s disease is.

Soft bones can bend or break more easily, so the area affected by Paget’s disease can become shorter because the bone bends. With Paget’s disease, the bone can also grow larger than before, and Paget’s disease can affect any bone. However, it usually affects the skull, the hip and pelvis bones and bones in the legs and back. Paget’s disease causes a malfunction in the normal process of bone remodeling, as you already know. Normally, bone is continually breaking down and rebuilding, but in Paget's disease, this usually slow process of bone destruction and growth is somehow altered. When an area of bone is destroyed in a person with Paget’s disease, the bone that replaces it is soft and porous, which is the main problem of this disease. Soft bone can be weak and easily bend, leading to shortening of the affected part of the body, and I already told you which the most commonly affected parts are. The bone replacement also takes place very quickly and excess bone may be formed in Paget’s disease. This can cause the bone to get larger, be painful and break easily, and these bones tend to have more blood vessels than normal. This causes an increase in the blood supply to the area, and as a result, the area may feel warmer than usual, which is common symptom of Paget’s disease.