What is potassium bitartrate? Some folks at my work were talking about it. There was something regarding stools and baking powder. Moreover, completely that story made me curious, how can the same thing be used as a baking powder and stool thing. Do you know anything about this? I know it is the silly question, but I am very curious.

Potassium bitartrate is byproduct of wine making. Also is called cream of tartar. As combination with baking soda, it is used as baking powder. Potassium bitartrate can also be used as laxative and carbon dioxide relasing. So, as you may see, potassium bitartrate can be for both things, baking powder and for stools.

Potassium Bitartrate is one of the ingredients in a laxative suppository called Ceo-Two. I believe it is the softening agent. It isn't available in most drugstores, but you can order it from the company that makes them (google search it). It is a great laxative that works within about 30 minutes (usually less).