Okay folks, as some of you may know I'm actually spending most of the summer in Spain and I've noticed that hotter weather compared to home means that my skin's all different too, like dunno, both kinda tight and pully on occasion and also shiny around the T-zone, if the T-zone was ever meant to like mean the whole forehead in the first place!!! I'm using liquid moisturizer with a loose powder on top or BB cream with loose powder or a mineral powder foundation and frankly no matter what I apply my skin's still shiny by noon. Like beacon kinda shiny. I hate reapplying makeup all the time and still being shiny!!! What can I do to mattify my face please people? Because what I am doing plain ain't working for me.

Hello!

What I use is Benefit's Agent Zero Shine! I have been using it for a while now and like it a lot. It does a great job at keeping the face matte most of the day, works for people of all skin tones and is free of fragrances which also helps. And you can reapply it as needed if you keep in it your bag. Benefit has cute packaging that's also convenient.

Reading your post the other thing I am curious about is whether you are using any primer or setting spray? Those things may help you as well if you want to go through the day with your makeup perfectly in place?

Well, you should definitely start off by using an oil free lotion for your face to prevent the shine from happening in the first place, and check out blotting sheets as well. Then what I like to do is use a mattifying primer, and just put on my makeup as normal followed by a loose powder and then setting spray as well. Mind you don't apply powder all over the face just the T-zone will do it so you still look like a normal person not like highly artificial or anything. I think this will do the trick.

Celebrity

Hey,

With my own skin, I don't suffer from that too much, but I think most people simply use a powder to mattify their face, or when suffering from extreme "shine face" caused by oily skin, there are products around, like Benefit's Agent Zero Shine, that are meant to kill the shine. You can also use a mattifying foundation, such as L'oreal's Infallible Pro-Matte or Urban Decay's Naked Skin Ultra Definition powder foundation, to give you a good base. I do not have personal experience with these products because I actually have the opposite problem, but there you go anyway.

Rosie

I do recognize what you are talking about especially as I moisturize with oil. I can't say I care terribly but I suppose you could use powder on your face. There's no magic formula other than that, is there? Perhaps something like using a moisturizer without oil or try to see if a difference cleanser makes a difference are all possible but at the end of the day it's not magic, it's just a matter of either removing the oil or hiding its presence by putting some kind of powder on your face.

Ah, oily summer skin! I hate that too! (Who doesn't?) Definitely try a cleanser that contains salicylic acid, which offers a mild exfoliating action and cleanses the pores without drying your skin out to the point you are facing issues in the opposite direction. These cleansers are pretty popular and not hard to find in a drug store either.

Then next up I do find blotting sheets really helpful, but also discovered that my face actually does better in summer when it's hot if I don't apply a night cream at all and just let my skin breathe instead. I have found this to reduce quite a bit of the shine.

Hello, here are some mattifying cosmetics for your face that you may enjoy:

• Murad Oil Control Mattifier (great stuff)
  • Origins Zero Oil
  • Neutrogena Shine Control Powder
  • Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator

All are reputable products that you may well find helpful in your situation. I do agree that mattifying products are only a small piece of a much larger puzzle that also includes cleansing, exfoliation, moisturizing, and all that, but it can still be a key piece! Good luck, and I hope one of these cosmetics will work out for you.

Hi, I am having this same issue and I just wanted to tell you thank you for that post. I found that information helpful. I looked up some reviews for the Murad Oil Control mattifier and it came back rather positive. I have used Murad products in the past already and so I think I can be pretty confident about this one as well. I will try that. The shine control powder from Neutrogena sounds fascinating as well. I had never heard of that so thanks for giving me these ideas.

Again, like I said on the summer acne thread, yes, me too. Many people are sad to see September and the beginning of colder weather. As for me, I am happy to see my skin clearing up as it always does after the end of a long summer. No more acne, no more shining beacon!

My skin looks so much healthier and more beautiful through the winter. And in summer not matter what method I use it is always bad. Acne and shine.