Ive been diagnosed with swelling behind the eyes after catarack surgery. how is it treated.

Hello there

Have you talked with your surgeon about this? My sister had cataract surgery and some complications afterwards. She was diagnosed with the swelling on the back of the eye and this condition is called macular edema. Her surgeon explained to her that sometimes this complication occurs and that this is usually caused by leaking in blood vessels of the retina. This leaking is causing inflammation and then the swelling appears.

He gave her a steroid injection into the eye to help reduce the inflammation and this was helpful.

I hope that this was helpful but you should be aware that you need to talk to your surgeon as soon as possible and he will let you know what is the best option in your case.

My mom had cataract surgery and complications afterwards. Swelling behind the eye, she has to do these eye drops several
drops several times a day, started to help but now they are not doing anything for her. She, also, had a shot int
the eye, but did nothing. Should she be tested for optic neuritis??

DID THE SHOTS CORRECT THE PROBLEM. MY HUSBAND HAD THE SAME SURGERY AND NOW THEY HAVE BEEN GIVING HIM SHOTS WHICH IS NOT CORRECTING THE PROBLEM ANY SUGGESTION