I’m very unsatisfied with the distance I can cover in the pool. I get tired pretty soon and all my big plans of reaching a certain distance fall through. And I watch other swimmers covering that same distance without any effort. I’m almost desperate and I’d like to do something about improving the distance. What is the best way to do that?

If you’re a rookie, don’t expect that your mileage will be impressive during first months of exercising. The people you’re watching covering the distance of your dreams so easily have probably been exercising for a long time. You can be persistent and introduce additional exercises into your routine. For example, running at least half an hour two to three times a week can significantly impact your condition and maybe you will be able to little by little improve the distance. Another thing is to breathe properly, since improper breathing pattern can cause exhaustion and thus incapability to cover larger distances. Breathing exercises can be practiced even out of the pool and if you master breathing technique, the problem will be solved in no time.