Hey,

With the holidays coming up now, I'm looking to glitter and sparkle! I normally don't go overboard but I've had a rough year (hasn't everyone? 2016 was the pits) and I am going to a party that will hopefully be awesome with some good friends, and want to usher the new year in in style!

Eyelash extensions compulsory.

My question is whether you recommend any particular ones that look the best and what brands I should look up. I'd love to get them before X-mas and have them last till after the new year, so good quality is a must for that. I want them to look dazzling the entire time!

Can't wait for suggestions!

Hiya Lioness, I'd say if you've never had them done before or it was a long time ago, read up about eyelash extensions yourself a lot before getting them. The things to know is they're not one size fits all, you can choose the length and should probably stick to no longer than 12 mm. With the proper care, which you should definitely look up, they can last for a pretty long time, about up to a month. If you don't get them removed professionally, they'll eventually fall out naturally and you don't really want that because you look weird with just the one side! Basically when you get the eyelash extensions done, ask, ask, ask at the salon how you should care for them and then follow the recs to a T.

From what I have heard, Xtreme Eyelashes by Jo Mouselli are among the best in the world, with people using these eyelashes receiving comprehensive training that ensures your eyelashes are truly durable and amazing. The eyelashes themselves look absolutely fantastic, but the most crucial aspect of successful eyelash extensions is provider know-how in applying the lashes. I mention these because you specifically requested brand information, and you are right that brands do matter, as quality varies greatly, and here you have eyelashes applied by professionals who have been taught how to give you the best service and best final product possible.

Eyelash extension brands don't matter at all if the tech has no clue what they are doing. Eyelash extensions applied wrong can wreak havoc on your natural lashes and leave you with permanent damage to your lids and eyes, even. The most important thing you can do is look up reviews and make sure the salon is licensed and very highly recommended. Don't go for the cheap factor. Make your lashes great, don't ruin them. And don't go for outrageous lengths which have higher weights that can also be bad for your natural lashes. If you do all that then really there's no point in worrying about brands. Reputable salons are not going to be using bad quality lashes.

Oh, thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it. Since I don't really have a go-to salon for now, what's a good site to find a good one, or do you recommend just Googling? I moved earlier this year and am not quite familiar with the whole neighborhood yet, so that complicates things. I thought if I had a brand to hold onto, I could just find out which salon offers that brand.

I will look into those Xtreme eyelashes then, but other suggestions are also still welcome. I don't want to mess this up, because I've had bad eyelash extension experiences in the past though I admit that is a long time ago and things have probably moved on since then. 

You need to choose between silk, mink and synthetic eyelash extensions and I think silk are the best quality/price ratio wise, mink look nice and are lighter but also pricier. You don't want to go for the longest ones, go for a nice medium that will last longer. With salons, you want to check out how long the salon has been around and the online reviews, as well as how long the actual tech who will be applying your eyelash extensions has been working there and how experienced she is in general. If you can, Google her separately from the salon as well.