that went straight from HS to College to MBA school to the company training program ( for guys who went straight from HS to College to MBA school)!

Yes they look really cute in their suits and with their $3 cup of coffee but somebody please buy these guys a clue - oh and maybe a hearing aid - they must not be able to hear 'cause they don't listern to nobody! Psst we've tried that idea (twice in fact) it DIDN'T work - read the reports. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results!

Oh and you women MBA's - your shirts are about 1 to 1 1/2 sizes too small. I think I might start wearing safety glasses - cause when one of them buttons lets go I don't what to loose an eye!

Can I trade two MBAlings for three part timers and an intern to be named later?

do you work with me?

Yes

The NBA

do you work with me?
my do you have an MBA or wear your shirt too tight?

Yes The NBA
Ooh, good one. Its not only a waste of talent but a bigger waste of money too. there has to be a good mba/lightbulb joke....anyone know one?

neither well, not today anyway on the latter. I spend my days mocking them.

oh and 'nother thing - is there some law that says three MBAlings in the same room will fight like cats in a sack?

In one of my first jobs here, I got to audit and report on school spending. When we questioned one particular finance officer (basically, the CFO of a school system), she became extremely p!ssed when I questioned her accounting methods.

"I know what I'm doing. I have an MBA", she said.

"Ask for a refund" was my reply.

About a year later, she did realize what mistakes she was making. And she apologized for being such a pizwat. She still sucks, but at least she knows it know.

OTOH, a few of our project managers have MBAs and earned them while working full time. They are some of the best people to work with, since they seemed to drop the ego thing.

Thats the key. Thats the way to do it. Work some, get a clue of what the real world is like, have a direction you want to head in with your career, determine an MBA would help you achieve that THEN go back to school.
There is a huge trend right now of kids who graduate with some nebulous (typically business oriented) degree with no inkling of what they want to do and no desire to really live in the real world on their own yet, so they opt to defer reality and go to an MBA program that will take kids directly from undergrad (which, the fact that they take people with no work experience is telling of the program, mostly that its not a program for those wanting to climb big corporate ladders but more that its a program for people in other fields that need business knowledge...owner of a hair salon would be a good example....) They are deluded into thinking that the MBA will help them get some excellent high paying high management job when they get out, that people will be banging down their doors for with jobs and signing bonuses abounding. But in reality, its often times more detrimental to go directly.
I have many friends with their MBAs. Most of them worked first and then during the program and it was beneficial. I do know a few who for lack of better things to do went straight from undergrad to get their MBA, and now that they have their MBA are depressed and still can't find jobs. Mostly because they either A) still don't know what they want to do B) know what they want to do, and that is play playstation drinking beer 20 hours a day and there just isn't a paying job that involves that or C) they know what they want to do, but their resume of "too much school, not enough work" ie "you're overqualified" is transparent to most HR's that this person is directionless.
MBAs are definitely not worthless, they have a place, but too many people are defaulting to MBA programs and are shocked to find out it doesn't automatically land them some 6 figured job when they graduate.
:twocents:

I won't take any personal offense to this thread as I do have a MBA. :P

I got my MBA 10 years after my undergrad. I had significant work experience after college. However, many of my classmates were just as you said, straight out of undergrad. It drove me NUTS. They weren't able to contribute and often time I would have to pull their weight, especially when it came to group projects.

I think that there should be a strick requirement regarding work experience prior to getting an MBA. I also think that now a days, so many degrees are losing their value just to make a buck. Online! Finish in 1 year! University of Pheonix! Blah, blah, blah.

I won't take any personal offense to this thread as I do have a degree from University of Pheonix.

but the question is, "did any of them stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

Is that also where you learned spelling? :P

Let's not forget that at least with the Harvard MBA Program...none of the Professors have any real work experience either, and thus the trend is propigated....

We have an MBA VP who is working very hard....to run the company into the ground...

useless?? Hmmm makes a nice difference on my wife's paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!