I am a 44 year old and I started having problems with my thyriod about 4 years ago and since then I have been on levoxyl 125 mcg. I don't know if this is the right medicine for me? I have had problems with my periods, unexplainable weight gain, joins hurting, headaches, lite headed, moody, and yet most of my blood work comes out ok with this milagram. Are these side affects from this medicine and is there something else I can take in place of this? I hate feeling like this! I have put on 29 pounds in two monthes and it is depressing me. I am use to being a size 5/6 not a 11/12. What can I do? Is there a better medicine out there for me to try?

There are several different thyroid medicines out there that you can try, two others are Synthroid and Armor Thyroid.
I have had thyroid disease for 18 yrs and here are a few of the things I have personally discovered...
I tried both levoxyl and synthroid. They made me feel awful. I was told by my GP that thyroid medicines have different types of hormones in them. About 7 yrs ago I convinced my GP to let me try Armor and it agreed with me tremendously. Everyone is different so I think it pays to try different meds until you find the right one.
Another thing I've discovered is that I cannot take "generic" thyroid medicine. When I take it I feel as if I'm taking nothing at all.
Finally, I've discovered that thyroid disease will cause depression. (I'm not sure the reason). I started taking a low dosage of anti depressent and could not believe the difference it made.
Hope this helps.