I am sport type and I exercise a lot, play volleyball and swimming. But lately I have difficulties in doing my work outs which is very unusual for me. And my question is what tendonitis is? I was actually advised by my work out trainer to go check out if I have tendonitis? What could it be? Thanks

If you have tendonitis which is very likely your physical overactivity may have caused it. At least that was the cause of my tendonitis. Tendonitis is actually a condition in which your tendons are inflamed so in fact what you have are inflamed and irritated tendons. And the tendon is … how to explain that… is that part of the muscles that connects it to the bone. I don’t know what area gives you the pain for the inflammation may be in your knee, leg, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle, hip and Achilles. And if your pain is increased during or immediately after activity it’s more likely you have tendonitis. And if so the important thing is to react on time, go to your doc and discuss with him what the right treatment would be the best for your condition and try to avoid the more severe form in which tendonitis may develop if not treated on time. After my experience you will feel relief right after the treatment but it’ll take months for fully recovery. Oh and don’t try to stretch your tendons by yourself for you may only make the things worse.

In my experience, tendonitis comes on when I'm doing lots of sports and not resting properly in between. You might try to take it a little easier.