Recently i have started getting a pain all the way along the inside of my arch of my foot after i start running for about 15 - 20 mins, mostly in my right foot and a slight pain in my left foot. If i stop for about 5 mins and rest my feet it goes away and i can run then for about another 10 - 15 mins until the pain re-appears.
I was using heal lifts in order to prevent achilles tendonitis developing, which I suffrered in the past. I thought these heel lifts may have been causing it so i got rid of them completely. the pain seemed to disappear but after the next few runs it began to come back.
Ive tried loosening the laces on my runners a bit to try make my feet feel more comfortable but this didnt help.
any suggestions on what might be causing this or how i can prevent it??

:wavey: Please tell us:
How old you are
How long you have been running
How often/how far you are running
What kind of shoes you wear and how you selected your shoes

This will help us answer possibly.

To add to my first post:

I am 23
Ive been running on and off for more than 2 years
I run about 20 - 25 KM per week in 2-3 sessions
I wear asics shoes, about 1 + 1/2 years old (didnt go through a big selection process, they fitted so they were fine!)

first of all it sounds as if they are past broken in and now just broken. your not going to get the support they provided when new. may not be the only issue but i'm sure that's a contributor.

If you have been running 15-20 mpw for more than a year I would seriously consider new shoes. And if you never were properly fitted you really should go to a running store and do so. Even if they feel/fit OK they could be the wrong shoe for your foot type. Many times aches n pains are the result of shoe issues, I would start there.

8O
The standard line on running shoes is that they begin to break down between 300 and 500 miles of wear. Overly worn shoes are the first thought.
When you bought the shoes, were you fitted by a person at a specialty running store or just on your own? You'll want to head to a running store and get fitted (though the model of shoes you are currently wearing will probably work since they were fine at the start, but it's worth looking into).
Regardless, you probably need to replace your shoes.

Had this problem recently on my left foot. I found that it was how the foot landed. If I were to land the foot with the toes turned inwards (running with feet parallel to each other), there is no pain. If the foot were to land with the toes turned outwards (duck walk-style), then my body weight goes on the arch and there is pain. Haven't yet figured out if this is under or over pronation or if that is pronation at all.

This was with two different pairs of new running shoes.

Ben

Definately the shoes need to be replaced. Asics are a good brand. If they worked before the get them again.