A month ago while I was running I felt a sharp pain in my heel and I had to stop. I could barely walk on my home and I went to see my doctor the very same day. I was diagnosed with Achilles tendonitis. Can this be successfully cured? I don’t know how to train while I’m having this condition. Any advice?

Hello! First, I’d like to advise you to check your foot type because from Achilles tendonitis usually suffer people who are overpronators and who tend to roll over their feet during physical activity. If you’re overproantor be sure to wear appropriate shoes which will correct foot motion and thus decrease pressure put on Achilles tendon. According to certain researches cushioned running shoes can also be the factor that causes tendonitis. Another thing that may lead to Achilles tendonitis is excessive training. My advice is to gradually increase the intensity of your training. You should also reduce your training routine and avoid strenuous training and running up the hill until you solve the problem. As for the shoes you’re wearing, they are not supposed to be very flat.