Hi. I`m 34 yo male. I`m a sportsman and most recently I`ve experienced some mean pain while I was running. Now, every time I move my leg I`m in pain. Went to a doctor and was diagnosed with tendonitis. I know that tendon is the structure in my body which connects muscles to the bones, but don`t know anything about tendonitis. What could be the cause of that? My doc has recommended me a physical treatment. Also, I`ve been taking some anti-inflammatory meds and guess that tendonitis got something to do with some sort of tendon being inflamed?

Hi, tendonitis is the inflammation of the tendon. The tendons become inflamed for a variety of reasons. The most common cause of tendonitis is overuse – people start an exercise program, or increase the level of exercise, and then start to experience the symptoms of tendonitis. So, this overuse causes an inflammation called tendonitis. There is also another common cause of symptoms of tendonitis - as people age, the tendons loose their elasticity and ability to glide smoothly. Also, there is an anatomical cause. In such cases, the surgical treatment may be needed. You may treat tendonitis with anti-inflammatory meds and cortisone injections. There is also a physical therapy.