As we all know alcohol can be a very good friend in the begining of our lives. We come to know Al through trials and tribulations of life, sometimes for fun and through troubled times. Alcohol is always there and will never leave your side, it brings a smile to our faces when we need it, and it brings sadness to us all when we don't need it. Alcohol respects you, but do you respect alcohol..? That is the question we want to know. I was a severe alcoholic for many many years, it caused me a medical condition known as pancreatitis. It has never gone away. I had to stop drinking, or I would have died from this condition. But there is more to that than just stopping. Yeah right! After I was diagnosed with this medical problem, I said ok that is enough, I really can't do this anymore. Guess what, I was back doing it a month later. I gradually went from lightly drinking after the attack to heavy in a period of days. Why..? well I started to feel fine, back on track, normal and alive! Yeah alive, happy and back to my old self, heck I wasn't getting pain, and who were they to tell me to stop drinking. It was just a fluke I became ill. It won't happen again. Well luckily I am here folks to tell you yes it did, in fact it happened eight more times. here is what i would do, I would stop drinking if I started to feel pain coming on, or actually I would SLOW down. Then i would feel ok again, so back to drinking, I couldn't stop! Then I would feel pain coming on, and it actually became to a point that if I had one more drink the pain would go away. A ha a fix. So I thought. Hwat was happaening was i was getting to a point of pain, but was intaking alcohol so quickly it was masking the pain, so i thought I was doing ok. Little did I know I was numbing my organs by drinking so much, and i would not feel the effects of my pancreatic condition untill I started to sober up and come off of the alcohol. This would usually take a few days. It sent me in to severe attacks! So I quit slowly, kept drinking, cause I could not do it cold blunt done. I finally weaned myself off of the liquor, thank you Jesus. I replaced drinking with lemon water, it worked but gradually. I have had several attacks since my first four self induced attacks. I now have Chronic Pancreatitis which is not going away, in fact I have to now live with it for the rest of my life. The secondary diagnosis of this was high triglycerides in my blood, basically that means to much cholesteral. But guess why, yep drinking. My years of drinking led to this dsorder, now my body does not function the way a normal body should, producing emzymes, good hdl ldl etc. I am on twelve meds a day, a strict diet, and NO ALCOHOL! not even mouthwash, oh and Nyquil will send me into an attack immediatly. Listen I shared this with you because if you are reading this chances are you may be or know someone who is an alcoholic, please know alcohol will kill you and destroy you, your family and everything you have. Seek help right away, it is never too late, too late is when your dead, yeah some of us had to learn the hard way, like me, getting a medical disorder as a result. By the way I was drinking 2 liters of gin and thirty beers a day on an average. I am 31 and am lucky to be here. I am glad I could share my story with you and the rest of the world. Read my other forums about pancreatitis and other stuff. I wish you the best in sucessfull recovery in any health problem you may have. And don't forget Alcohol is a disease, not a chemical dependencing alone!

Sounds rough man!

Alcoholism and alcohol abuse are due to many interconnected factors, including genetics, how you were raised, your social environment, and your emotional health. Some racial groups, such as American Indians and Native Alaskans, are more at risk than others of developing alcohol addiction

Young Student drinking that leads to vomiting is not alcohol abuse but simply having a good time and being one of the gang.To many whose religion requires abstinence, simply tasting an alcohol beverage is not only alcohol abuse but a sin.