My father is 45 years old and from what I have heard from my grandparents he has been binge drinking since he was around the age of 16 or older, anyways I am starting to get concerned about his health because the extent and duration of his alcohol abuse. My father currently consumes about 2-4 tall glasses of whisky mix drinks daily from what I have seen. My father's alcohol abuse has effected my fathers actions almost his entire life and has dramatically effected my family life and the way I have matured emotionally and my views on alcohol. Anyways I was wondering what the possible effects of this kind of excessive alcohol use can do to his health because I honestly think he has some form of mental instability, based on his erratic behavior and total disregard to the consequences of his actions. Also I would like to add that I am in a state of disbeleif that alcohol remains legal when it can have some of the most negative impacts on the family members that have to witness such behavior yet simple possession of marijuana(a much safer drug) carries such strict penalties with the law. >;)

Hello, im 22 and im trying very hard to go cold turkey after getting drunk every night for over a year. I dont have too much advice because im still young. But i do agree with you on the legalization of such a bad thing. Also, i surely hope all goes well with your dad. Best wishes!

PS Ive only been an alcoholic for a year and my withdrawal symptoms are, tremors, insomnia, and mostly, but worse of all, panic attacks. Get your dad help.

hi. Im still underage. But my friend keep saying im going to be ab alcoholic. When i dribk i just want to keep drinking. My parent even hide there wine now because i kept taking tje alcohol. And even when theres something serious going on that could effect a life i still try to come up with excuses. My boyfriend gets mad at me sometime for that and ive had a few ppl point these things out to me. Am i beginging to be an alcoholic or are they just being stupid?