I want to get stronger. I would like to develop not only my legs but my upper body as well. I was asking many people and they all agree on one thing; I have to train with weights. I would be very grateful if you can recommend me some good off season weight training.

Your friends had told you the truth. The only way to develop muscles and strength, power and endurance is to hit the weights. Now, there are many programs for that. You have to start slowly. Piling up quality muscle mass isn’t easy. Don’t expect to become Arnold Schwarzenegger in few weeks or months. You have to start with the basics. Barbell and dumbbell presses are the best. You have to choose one basic exercise per muscle group. That means that you will have exercises for pecs, lats, traps, shoulders, biceps, triceps, forearms, abs, quads, hamstrings and calves. You should start with one set of say, 12 reps for each exercise. Then over time you may increase the number of exercises and sets. The most important thing is progressive overload. Also you have to pay attention to the protein intake. It should be at least 2.2g/lbs of body weight.