I want to become a better swimmer. I was suggested that I have to be stronger, have more power, stamina and endurance. I want to build muscles. Lifting weights is the best way to do it. I don’t know what exercises to use. Can you suggest the best weight room exercises for swimming?

You are on the right track. Lifting weights is the best way to build muscles. My advice is to develop the whole body. That means that you should develop your chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps, lats, quads, hamstrings and calves. Lats are the most important muscle group for swimmers, especially for the front crawl stroke. So you would have to include at least one basic exercise for each major muscle group in order to develop well balanced and trained body. You have to keep in mind that you need good nutrition plan and plenty of rest.