Hi, a month ago I have decided to try to workout. A friend of mine has been in this field for some time now. Therefore I turned to him for help. He made me a cutting routine that, as he says, he follows. But it seams that it is not suited for me. It is "killing me". Can you please suggest a good cutting routine?

Hi, it is not unusual that some people have difficulties adjusting to cutting routine that others find suitable. You failed to mention what is the cutting routine you use. Anyway, I suggest you use the one that I apply for my workout program. It is basically very simple. You use three different workouts that are repeated twice during a week. You also have a day when you do not exercise. Most of the exercises you do with heavy weights for five reps twice. Then you use lower weights for fifteen reps in three sets. The days when you workout abs, triceps and chest are Sunday and Wednesday-thirty four sets. Shoulders, traps and back on Mondays and Thursdays-thirty three sets. Finally, legs, calves and biceps on Tuesdays and Fridays-thirty six sets. I hope you will enjoy this cutting routine.