I would like to add some muscle mass to my legs. My brother suggested that I should ride a bike two or three hours a day. After a month or so I should have the desired mass. Is he right? Also, if that is true at what speed and distance should I ride?

Your brother is wrong about several things. First, riding a bike isn’t going to get you huge quads and hamstrings. You can develop speed endurance and have other benefits from cycling. Riding bike is a great sport. However to develop muscle mass you have to hit the weights. Only progressive resistance can force muscle to grow. Second even with bodybuilding it can’t be done in a month. You can’t expect any significant results in less than six months or even a year. But when you develop bigger mass you will be able to ride faster, longer and easier. I can guarantee you that.