Hi, I was infected with genital herpes, and fortunately I discovered it early when my viral test came back positive. I started to take medications, but I am afraid of outbreak. I wouldn’t like to get blisters on my genitals. Does outbreak always happen?

Well, if you discovered herpes on time and started treating it, maybe you won’t have an outbreak. I remember my first outbreak, it was much worse than recurrences. I had rash and painful blisters, at least 10 of them. It lasted three weeks before my blisters dried out crusts fell off. I also had burning with urination and strange discharge. I didn’t have sex a long time after I cured, even if I wasn’t contagious any more. I didn’t want to risk and infect someone else. I used some medication for genital herpes, I think its name was Valtrex. This medicine is used for recurrent herpes, which I had.