Neither one. You too can avoid this dilemna by moving down here. It's never snowed in recorded history, and the grass does not grow so well. All you have to do is mulch and hack away at the weeds.

:1:
Although I would like to say that I really like the aroma of freshly mown grass. And I highly suspect that freshly shoveled snow has no such aroma.

:LOL: ...what.a.place.

do you have statistics to back that up?????

Why? You gotta problem talking about powder, grass and weed, man?

Well, the coldest temperature on record since 1901 (on this particular island, anyway) was 38F. So it wouldn't be cold enough to snow. I'm not sure how accurate the records are that early because a hurricane killed/blew away half the town in 1938. So maybe since 1938?
And unless you have a lawn service...well, let's just say that grass won't grow so well in coral rock/sand. We do what we can with mulch and there are actually some pretty cool species of plants that thrive in that soil (hibiscus, Florida Holly, Bourganvilla (sp?). We're working on raised beds with mulch so that I can plant tomatoes. We've gotten compliments from several of the neighbors on the yard (how nice it looks now as opposed to having three foot high weeds all over).
Seriously, I guess I'd rather garden than shovel snow, any day.

:1:

No. I just think that some people often make statements that contradict with their home owner status.

Are you stirring the pot again? :P
We don't own this place, but we do take care of the greenery, enhance the yard, and keep the weeds out. (After the landlady so kindly hired a lawn service to clean up the yard after the prior tenants let it grow into a jungle). But, we both like gardening and having a nice yard to enjoy, for both us and any visitors we might have.

On the other hand people aren't allergic to snow!

You got stats to prove that?

MOW.

i'll be shoveling tomorrow cuz they're calling for THUNDERSNOW. that can't be good. 6 to 8 inches of thundersnow. :umno:

I don't mow due to my allergies.....so I do the shoveling.

So hubby is responsible for mowing and me shoveling. My complaint.....sometimes you can shovel 7 times a week.....you NEVER mow that much!!!!! Complaint #2---Our last residence our driveway was circular huge, and on a corner lot......for 2 years I shoveled....third year he bought me the smallest USED snowblower that the screws fly out when I use it! He buys himself a riding lawnmower....there is more concrete than grass! Complaint #3---we move.....the nice, new riding lawnmower sits in the garage....becasue we pay someone to mow our lawn (because it's so big). Complaint #4--The lawnmower guy informs me that he will plow for me in the winter :).....husband says no....I'm buying an ATV with a plow. Informs me that the ATV is going up to our land to plow the roads :(. I'm back to shoveling.....for fear that a screw from the lawnmower may smack my head!

Sue.. get a blower put on the riding mower, no?

I like doing both. Snow though is a lot harder so I will go with mowing the grass.