Hi, I am 26 years old male and I have problem with maple syrup. I have noticed in the last few weeks that I get rush on my stomach after I eat maple syrup. First time I thought it is some common rush but it repeated next several times when I have eaten maple syrup. Could I be allergic to maple syrup?

Hi, I had similar problem as you do and I decided not to eat maple syrup any more. I have consulted my doctor about it and he told me it is possible to be allergic on almost every substance that exists and maple syrup too. I suggest you not to eat it again and see if rush will appear again.

This happened only once but I had an experience of knowing where I was but i felt like I was faraway or not in my body. This was after eating oatmeal onto which I had put maple syrup. Another friend described a similar experience while driving and after having maple syrup.

WHen ieat syrup my throat starts to burn really badly???? why?

There is a specific type of acid found in the sap of lots of plants, including the sugar maple tree. This sap is what is used to make maple syrup and yes it is more than just possible to be allergic to it. I'm definitely allergic and was diagnoses as a kid when I broke out in hives trying to spread fresh cut mulch in our yard.