How old must one be to be considered an old fart?

My guess is 50.
That's when we started calling my Dad that, anyway.

When mine was 50 I was 8 and out shoveling snow from the sidewalk. Someone came toward the house looking for my father and I said "the old man's inside." Boy, was that the wrong thing to say, so I would have to say my father wasn't an old fart at 50. At least he certainly impressed that on me.

On the other hand I've been an old fart for years. The trouble with being an old fart is that your circle of friends keeps getting smaller. I have one who's in chemo that isn't working. another who's wasting away with an undiagnosed problem and another who no longer gets out due to bad hips.. Those are all in just the past year.

If you hafta ask....

Tee Hee Hee

Still don't know why I have to answer with three words or it refuses to post.

It's all about attitude. When you start yelling at kids to get off your lawn...

Lack of smell???

sorry, just had to say it.

When you stop having fun and you start telling strangers "How it was when you were a kid..."

Telling those young whippersnappers what it was like when I was kid IS whats fun. Most kids can't fathom how you can walk 5 miles to school barefoot in 4 feet of snow uphill both ways as they look out the windows of their school buses.

Hell I'll never be old then....

I wanna be an ol fart. Can I, please, please?

My guess is 50.
Watch it there son....

My guess is 50.
Watch it there son.... We know, we know... you call yourself "Vintage" :o

My guess is 50.
Watch it there son.... no offense, big man....my Dad's well over 60 now... so, I change my vote to 60. (since his age is still the same amount larger than mine)

dead?
my dad's 80 and still plays golf every single day. he also had his karioke debut this past winter while living in florida. i haven't asked him any more details of his old fart life in florida by himself. :umno:
don't wanna know.