hi, recently i seem to be having a wheezing problem in the throat,,, i do smoke but have cut down to 5 a day (trying to quit).... i also have 3 cats...i thought i may be allergic but have had cats all my life...i am 53....when i try to swallow it seems that there may be mucus stuck in the throat i can't cough it up and i usually wake through the night with my throat feeling constricted ..i use my ventolin inhaler and my throat then eases after a moment or two ...breathing normally is fine but when i breath deeply the wheezing is there in my throat .....any ideas?????? ? :'(

hi, i have a wheezing problem on exhaling my doctor said its coming from my throat but my wheeze only comes if i'm excerting myself or walking up stairs

Be interesting to see what part of the country people with problem are from. My husband is suffering from the same thing, and he has gone to several doctors, but they don't seem to know what the problem is.

Hope someone can help all of us. My husband is now going to a holistic doctor for relief.

I don't think we're going to find out much. The post was 6 years ago, not much interest yet.
You didn't say where you are either.
I have the same problem right now, I'm from New England.

Hi! I have recently been diagnosed with vocal cord dysfunction. You might want to look into that at your ear/nose/throat doctor's office. Mine referred me to a speech pathologist who is familiar with VCD and is helping me so much! Now I know why there is wheezing in my throat, why I have trouble breathing, why mucus seems stuck in my throat, etc. and I can fix it with the breathing techniques!