Hi! I have problem whit wheezing when inhaling. What can be cause of wheezing when inhaling? I heard that heart problem can be cause of wheezing when inhaling. How do you know if your wheeze is caused by a heart problem?

Wheeze or noise upon inhaling is usually caused by an obstruction in the upper part of the respiratory tract. This is commonly seen with vocal cord dysfunction (VCD). The vocal cords should be open while inhaling. VCD is a condition that causes the vocal cords to close together while inhaling. Tests are needed to be done while you are having symptoms. And sometimes wheezing main cause isn't a problem in the respiratory tract, upper or lower. A poorly functioning heart can't pump blood effectively through the lungs, which then fill up with fluid. The airways can narrow from fluid, causing a wheeze. When heart problem is cause of wheezing swelling in the feet or legs may be present.