I just started audibly making a high pitched wheezing sound after I exhale. It is through my chest and leaves through what seems to be my trachea. No nasal activity. There is no effort in this either, it just happens???

Get the wheezing checked out by a doctor. There is no need for alarm, but wheezing after exhaling is not a normal occurrence. Many things could be going on here. You could be allergic to something in the air (lots of stuff flying around in the air now that it is time for indoor heating once again), you may be allergic to a chemical that you do not know that you are breathing in. Also, it could be something VERY simply, like you're not drinking enough water to oxygenate your body. Remember the "O" in H20 stands for oxygen! Has anything changed in your environment in the last 30 days? Do you have a new pet? Have your sleeping habits changed? All things need to be considered, and your doctor will ask you many questions in order to narrow down the cause.

Thank you!! I will have it checked out, as it is so darned noisy. The sputum I am able to bring up is clear so no infection, but it does produce a cough.