Hi! I’m 25 years old and I had tonsillectomy three weeks ago. I feel ok now. I can eat normally again. My doctor told me that I can continue with my usual activities if I want to. But I’m wondering when can I smoke again after tonsillectomy? Is it safe to start right now?

Two years ago I also had tonsillectomy. I remember that I took my first cigarette 15 days after surgery. Well, my doctor advised me to not smoking whole month but I couldn’t listen to him. Anyway, try to wait a little bit more to be sure. And it’s great opportunity for you to just not start again.

Hello there,

My friend had tonsillectomy last June and he was a smoker before the surgery. He didn’t smoke for about 10 days and then he wanted to start again but his doctor and his girlfriend managed to convince him not to start smoke again. He agreed to try so his girlfriend bought him some nicotine patches and he managed with these not to light even one cigarette (I think this was possible because he has read on the label in case you light a cigarette during wearing this patch your heart can stop and these patches are very expensive and you can’t take it off and then apply it again).

Anyhow, it would be best to stop if you can.

I smoked as soon as I got out of the hospital and I smoke a half pack a day and today is my 14th day and im healing perfectly.

I DONT GET WHY PPL CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU ARE ASKING!! ITS SO ANNYOING MAN. ITS CAN I SMOKE OR NO

Omg thank you for that!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^

Oh my god yes all I wanted to know was can I smoke 2 weeks after when my throats absolutely fine it doesn't hurt and I have no scabs????