i just had a tonsilectomy 5 days ago, i am a smoker , 23 years old, and i want to know when i can smoke after this surgery

i just had my tonsils taken out 8 days ago and am a smoker... i stopped smoking for like 3 days but on the fourth day i smoked a cigarette. i normally smoke 6-8 cigarettes a day but i would say just take it slow... dont smoke too much too soon...

I must tell you that ive heard bad bad stories about smoking to soon after having your tonsils taken out. The one thing I know for sure is that it can cause a serious infection. I personaly would'nt want to further complacate this tonsil surgury a more then it already is. In closing, smokings bad for you anyway so do yourself good and just quit! Save money, and time on your life Good luck

smoking sooon after youve had the tonsil sugery isn't good at all,
because it can make you bleed. has to do with blood clots.
i'm a smoker and i read up and asked my doctor about it.
you should wait till after your full two weeks is up.
sometimes it wont do anything,
but it's been known to make you bleed, alot.

to all the non-smokers... It's NOT an easy habit to kick so please DON'T say "just quit" - it's an addiction to nicotine.

I had my tonsils out when I was 31 and waited 4 weeks before I lit up again. Yes, I should have had more will-power but it takes 3 weeks to form a habit and 3 months to break a habit. I've just had further (and non-related) throat surgery. For the first 10 days I didn't even want to LOOK at a cigarette. I've now gone nearly 3 weeks without smoking as I don't want to end up with an infection in my throat.

If you're going to continue to be a smoker after any nasal or throat surgery, pleaes please please try to last the bare minimum time the doctors give you before lighting up.

I had tonsil surgery on the 7th of July, my two weeks will be this Thrusday the 21st , should I be okay to start smoking cigs again ? or should I wait a little lonmger.

I had my tonsils taken out a week ago. The day I got them out I kept smoking. That was a bad choice. Four day's later, because of the cigarette smoke, It busted an open artery in my throat from the surgery, And I lost 800 Milliliters of blood and had 7 blood clots the size of golf balls. I had to have emergency surgery. I am just waiting until the doc say's I can smoke again. 

omg thats retarded, ur excited to smoke again after all that sh*t, f**k that. i just got mine out yesterday morning. im so tempted to smoke ,but i dont know.

i am 16 years old. i have been smoking since i was 12. a 4-5 year habit. i got my tonsils taken out on the 18th of february. last wednesday. it is now sunday. (february 22nd) ...i am on a 10 day lockdown for recovery, im not aloud outside, due to risk of infections. im not aloud to have certain foods such as abything with acids or tomatoes. and not aloud to use straws- because sucking causes bleeding, same reason why ur not aloud to smoke, due to the pressure ur putting on ur throat. this smoking thing has been a pondering question in my head.  IF UR GOING TO SMOKE, WAIT THE FULL 10 RECOVERY DAYS FOR SAFTEY REASONS .

im having my tonsils out tomorrow and was wondering if you can smoke hours before the operatio

It's is not east at all to do at all- however their is a better way. After smoking over a pack a day for a decade I quit cold turkey in 2012 after reading "The Easy Way" by Allen Carr. This is not a normal quit smoking book, it teaches stadigies that essentially brainwash you to wake you up out of the smoking trap by treachg you why your body craves nicotine the way we all know it does. This stadegy is rated the most successful way to quit smoking In Europeand has over a 90% success rate. The only rule with the book I a that you can't try and quit or cutt down until you are completely finished with it. Anyone who struggles with smoking do yourself do yourself a favor and give it a try, I promise you won't regret it- I have had 6 other frends who have stopped smoking using this book, Dr's, Lawyers, sales pros ect. And they all swear by it too. IT is not WILLPOWER my friends, trying to quit by will power just makes you smile more or quite until the next major life event.

i am a ciggarrette and pot smoker i had my surgery 5 days ago i smoked the same day but took it slow i regret doing that you might as well just wait till you gett better i started bleeding and throwing up blood so please do not smoke i had to go back into surgery tonstop the bleeding its not worth the time

I am as well a smoker that does plan to quit after I go under the knife in hmm...3 days! I might as well use this tonsillectomy as an excuse to do so. After reading your outcome from smoking the first day of post op, the WANT to quit turned into I NEED to quit! So I wanted to thank you so much for your words to inspire me to end this disgusting habit I have been dealing with for the past 15 years.

You are so pose to stop 12 hours before surgery

It's been 8 days since I've had my tonsils removed. I want a cigg so bad!! Is it ok for me to have one? I have drank sodas drank out of straws have eating chicken hot food & all of that do you think it would be ok for a ciggs?