i had an abortion. can i smoke? will it affect anything?
anything that i should avoid from eating?

Ive had an abortion and I was warned not to smoke directly after the procedure. I was given the go ahead to smoke 3 hours or more after. The reason why is that you may faint. As for diet, I resumed my normal diet and I dont see anything that would directly effect your recovery. You are not supposed to drink alcohol as it may increase the bleeding (by thinning the blood) and i would stay away from foods that would either constipate you or cause loose stools just due to unneccesary discomfort and strain in the abdominal area. I hope you have a speedy recovery! Good Luck!

I have had the same today and asked the doctor about smoking afterwards but he didnt give me an answer as he gave his opinion that i shouldnt smoke at all...so you are sure just 3hours after is fine as ive seen varying opinions? Some saying two weeks...my doctor advised me not to drink alcohol for 24hours but only due to anasthetic...nothing to do with no drinking because of thinning of blood but i have seen some things saying like 2weeks no alcohol...Help...

I was told not to smoke for 24 hrs as that will affect your immune system's ability to heal. However, being a heavy smoker and naive about doctors' warnings, I smoked a cigarette in the car ride home and actually did lose consciousness. Definitely don't smoke for those 3 hrs, but since then, I've just been smoking lightly and am ok.

So can i smoke a

hi can i smoke I had an abortion yesterday 1 pm in the afternoon on 25 Jun please advise.

Please stop smoking as cigarettes cause cancer. I'm not trying to judge anyone, I just nearly lost my grandpa that way. :)

I am understand you arent being judgemental, however, I hope you understand that by your saying - the people looking up this query in the post will not change their mind. Moreover, I do believe they are already aware of cancer issues.

My sister took the pill yesterday when would she be able to smoke again

How is she doing now? I only ask because I had mine yesterday.

So how long do you have to wait to smoke after taking an abortion pill?