I know quadriplegia is a loss of the ability to move or feel both arms, both legs. I also know this condition could affect the parts of the body below the area of injury to the spinal cord. This is because quadriplegia is typically caused by an injury to the spinal cord. Now I want to hear from you what you have to tell me about this condition. I want to hear when quadriplegia occurs.

I guess you are interested now under what conditions is quadriplegia most likely to occur. Answer to this question is simple, and I will try to give you the best explanation I could. First, you should know quadriplegia is most likely to occur when a spinal cord injury is in the area of the 5th to 7th cervical vertebrae in cervical area. Those are bones in the neck, which make up part of the structure surrounding the spinal cord. The reason why spinal cord injuries in this area are likely to cause quadriplegia is that the spinal cord cannot send messages below the area of injury. Since the arms and legs are both below the neck area, serious injury to the spinal cord in this area often leads to an inability to feel these parts of the body. Causes of spinal cord injuries that result in quadriplegia include a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident, gunshot wounds, and falls, such as many other accidents. Treatment of quadriplegia begins at the scene of the accident, by preventing further damage. Once a person with a spinal cord injury comes to the hospital, the neck and head may be prevented from moving. This is done by being placed in a special metal device known as a halo, and it forms a circle around the head, much like the halo of an angel, that is why it gets this name.