I had and abortion last monday and I am thinking to start birth control with the shut but I don't know when sould I start

go to a health care provider/planned parenthood/family planning clinic/doctors office and ask for a consultation about the pill. they will explain everything to you, how it works and how to take it. the consultation is free and doesnt take long. its a great idea and very protective against pregnancy.

typically, you would take the first pill of your pack on the first day of your menstrual cycle. (day 1 of your period). you wont be able to have unprotected sex on the pill until you have been on it for at least a month.

YOU should have an appointment for a follow visit 2-3 weeks after the abortion, you should go to it, and usually they will discuss birth control.

Hi, actually not true. You are rotected after takingthe first pill- at least that is what my doctor and the Pill package says.

In regards to the contraceptive shot I think you can receiev it within 5 days of teh start of your period, but best is to talk to your doctor.