Ok! I had called some health help lines but they dont seem to know nething about my question. I unfortunately had an abortion a week ago...I know about the risks of infection and pregnancy after sex and I stupidly had sex thinking maybe I was fine because my symptoms of bleeding and cramping dissipated after 4 days......It was dumb and I feel VERY regretful for having sex because I know its not recommended...but I was wondering how great the chances are of pregnancy even though he didnt ejaculate inside?!?! And how much sperm in semen is needed to create the pregnancy process....Please get back to me!!!

it doesn't take very much to get pregnant at all. don't feel bad, we all make mistakes. live and learn from it. k

I agree, but maybe the sex could wait a little bit, don't you think? I mean, because of the possible infections, etc. In case if you are scared that you might be pregnant (again), you should definitely consider taking a morning after pill. It helped me so many times and I never had any side - effects (sure, the small headache was there, but nothing that bad). Anyway, I think that visiting a gynecologist should be the first option. Even if I also don't believe that she is pregnant, maybe she should consult her health care provider in order to do some next steps. 

Hey are you taking birth control or using any other method of birth control? If not you should not even be having sex. I believe that some people make mistakes but come on 1 week after an abortion and having sex already I would still be feeling horrible.

yah - ever though about how if you just had an abortion ... maybe sex isn't the thing for you right now?

just curious

For those that are judging her because she had sex 1 week after an abortion... you do know that the hormones can still be in your system which can cause a higher libido making it harder to resisit sex. She came here for answers not judgement... anyone here named God? Well he is the only one who can judge us... keep that in mind.

I recommend using birth control asap to avoid having another abortion again.

Just a response to "She came here for answers not judgement... anyone here named God? Well he is the only one who can judge us... keep that in mind."
...People are entitled to their own opinions just as much as yours.

Guest wrote:

Yes, yes, people dont judge... check your own backyard first.

Anyway, for your question....You won't get pregnant a week later. It will take you body some time before it starts ovulating and releasing eggs. But I would suggest a birth control so you don't have to be put in the decision path again.

good luck mate!

This is so not true. I have worked in OB and an Ab Clinic and YOU CAN GET PREGNANT A WEEK AFTER AN ABORTION! I have seen it happen sooooo many times. Also, you are at high risk for infection because when you have an abortion they dilate your cervix, which is the opening to the womb. Germs, bacteria and such, can get in to the uterus and cause an INFECTION! Your posting is very old and I hope that you didn't have any problems related to the sex you had one week after your abortion!

i think u will be Ok from infections if you waited at least 7 days after the procedure. They normally say wait 7 to 10 days. Now my doctor told us to wait at least 10 days after the abortion to try to get pregnant again.
Now as far ass how much semen can get u pregnant, u can get pregnant from a very small amount. Actually u can get pregnant just from pre-cum
it don't have to be a full ejac. Don't worry u will be fine.

U know u people r real aholes, she came here for answers not to be judged or critisized, she is concerned. So next time if someone ask a question and you don't have something helpful to say, then just shut the F__k up, and let someone else with a useful response answer the questions. Oh unless u all are the Supreme Being. I did'nt think so.
SO JUST SHUT THE F__K UP!!!!!!!!!

Guest wrote:

Krissy23 wrote:

Guest wrote:

SO JUST SHUT THE F__K UP!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. You were told to wait at least 10 days after an ABORTION TO TRY TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN? If you had an abortion, why on earth did you want to try to get pregnant again????

Do you know why she had the abortion? I don't think she specified that detail. The doctor may have told her to wait 10 days before trying again because something may not have been right with the first pregnancy in the first place.
There may be a medical issue that forced the procedure.
So to the person who wants to know why she would want to get pregnant again after an abortion, find out what the specifics are first.

balefuozma wrote:

I don't think God would want anybody having sex a week after willingly killing there baby. Advice she is getting and if she is tough enough to killing her baby then admitting to killing her baby and asking such an absurd question then she can receive all types of answers. It's America right?? Free speech and baby killings!!!!

the dickhead who wrote that above ^^^ i had an abortion last year how dare you judge people and say that its killing a baby its a blob first of all yes i get upset sometimes but if i didn't do what i did the baby would of been brought into a world where i cudnt pay for it and it would of suffered my family would of disowned me i would of been homeless i had no choice you don't know what her options were so don't judge people like u make me sick!! i was only 16 shes probably young to i didn't have a job couldn't afford to look after a baby if she wants to have sex after shes had one as well she can do so its her body but its not KILLING anything cos its a fotus and wasn't fully developed
**edited by moderator**

Yes, your sex hormones are way higher than normal, after a abortion. I had one about 1 week ago, but the baby wasn;t growing..and my doctor was scheduling a d/c for 2 weeks later, and i was soooo sick, i just went ahead and aborted it.
I do want to have a baby, and been excessively feeling sexual active, with my husband.always wait, about 6 months to a year, before thinking you can't get pregnant again.
start calculating your fertile days, but its easier to wait, until your first normal period. I have 3 children, and working on my last.
Everyone has to be accountable for their own actions, ask for forgiveness, and don't look back..
no one can judge you, but god
and he will even forgive you, once you repent.
and never look back on old things, just keep moving forward!

what if u get an abortion and have sex like 3 weeks late and i think he come in me what happen

i had an abortion on jan 30 and me andmy bf had unprotected sex on yesterday and he ejaculated inside of me?do you think it is a chance i could grt pregnant? :$