Where do you find motivation when you’re running? We all know that sometimes it’s hard to force yourself to start training. I have the problem to get up earlier, especially during winter when it’s still dark in the morning. Then, I try to make myself get out and start running by listening to my favorite music on my MP3 player. Sometimes an interesting meeting with friends can make my day and give me motivation to run.

I trained myself to get up at the same time every morning and I don’t even think about whether I’d like to run at the moment or not. I just put on my training suit and running shoes and off I go to the park. Of course, I usually carry my MP3 player and it makes running more pleasant, but the very idea that I’m doing something good for my body and psyche is making me motivated enough to train. Besides, I chose running because I like it. I feel very relaxed and calm while I’m running. Maybe it’s because of the nature and environment, but I think that running is one of the best sports activities. It’s not like I think it’s a torture.

I started running to lose weight so that's always been my main motivation, when I step on that scale in the morning and see I've lost yet another pound I get hyped up for the next session. My family, friends, and co-workers are really starting to notice the change in my body and they compliment me all the time, that really motivates me to keep working at it. Also, I've noticed a significant boost to my confidence level. These days I'm a little more outgoing, flirty, less self-conscious... and technically I'm still overweight, I can't wait to see how I'll be when I'm sporting 6 pack abs haha. That's my motivation right there, 6 pack abs.