They get to me. If something is supposed to be done professionally, and it has errors on it... that just annoys the c**p out of me. Websites are where I see the most mistakes, but I pick up on everything, especially all the incorrect scripts at work. Some of it doesn't even make sense.

When they first say the lengths, they have the long course as 800m, 13mi, 5k. The short course is listed as 400m, 26mi, 10k. Then further down, it has what it should be... long: 800,26,10 and short:400,13,5. And if you scroll all the way down, it says "Last Revised: Date"

Ahhh that just gets to me! To me, that's just as big of a mistake as if PH somehow slipped up, and on the RF banner it said, "Your complete web source for kayaking information." It's just glaringly obvious... and they don't notice or don't care. This is one of the many reasons I don't work well with other people. They do stuff like this and when I look at them like they're stupid, they don't know why. Another great example is the packaging for a product that we offer at work. The product is an air purifier for the car. It is free with the purchase of a purifier for the home, or about $30 by itself. The packaging is rife with mistakes and things that are sure to shake, if not demolish, your faith in the company. One line on the front says something like "Freshens the air, keep you health on your trip." Then on the side of the box, there's another bit that reads as if a second grade foreign exchange student with no formal English learning was hired as an advertising editor in chief. And for the finale, there's a picture on the side of the box showing the unit on the dashboard of a car. The picture is obviously photoshopped. Not even photoshopped... it looks like it was done in MS Paint. The car is out of focus, the unit is clear and crisp. The dashboard is sloping downward, but the unit is perfectly horizontal as if it were resting on a flat table. And there's a little white edge around the borders of the unit....

Do I have reason to be upset by this? Or should I just take some prozac and let the world continue on its downward spiral?

That kind of stuff bugs the c**p out of me as well.

I try to check, double-check, and triple-check my work before ever turning it in, sending it out, etc. I have people proofread the c**p out of it until I make any copies. I just did that with my resume and ever cover letter I write is scrutinized until I make it an official copy. That's just me. I want to look professional and I feel that it reflects your work.

Now here??? I'm not as particular and don't proofread my stuff as much as I should.

You see...I don't do as great of a job here.

That last sentence should have had the word "every" not "ever" cover letter.

But you're UBB was UBBetically correct

I'm pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to just about everything. If I screw something up, I get pretty mad at myself and I will re-analyze the situation over and over again teaching myself how NOT to make that mistake again.

I'm weird like that. The re-analyzing goes into overdrive if I make what I consider to be a "life mistake".