I was wondering about where other people have had a hypo incident.  I would like to know if anyone had it driving or operating heavy equipment...  Does this happen to type 2s and well as type 1 diabetics?  I have a friend who is type 2 and I am afraid of him working on the forklift.  What if he passes out while driving it?  It would be a bad thing for him if he runs into something or run over people with it.  So am unsure about how to approach him about it.  What do you think?  He was just diagnosed with diabetes not too long ago.  I am afraid for him to lose his job.  thanks! 

It is great that you  are looking out for your friend in his type 2 diabetes and how he is working safely because of it.  He is probably not on any type of medication or insulin at this time so it will mean that he is less likely to have hypoglycemia or low blood sugars.  He should be fine with driving and operating a fork truck.  Many people work with the diabetes diagnosis, so he can still be a good worker for his company. 

I am a type 2 diabetic and I am doing well as a worker. I work as a semi driver so I know that if you are a type 2 diabetic, I know that it is safe enough to be able to work without having any bad effects. I am glad that I am able to be employed as a diabetic or I would not know what to do. I need to have a job just for the health benefits and I have a great job! I would say don’t worry about your friend. He knows what he is supposed to do for his condition.