Is it possible to get pregnant the day after your period? I had started my period on Nov.22,2018 it ended on Nov.26,2018. I had sex on Nov.27 my calendar said my fertility window started on Nov.30 but I didn't ovulate until Dec.5 but I had sex again on Dec.7 around 1:30a.m.....I went to the doctor a couple of days ago she said I was having twins(which I'm still in shock) She said one baby was 8 weeks and 2 days and the other was 8 weeks and 3 days. Do you think I conceived on Nov.27 or Dec. 7? I really need to know.

Hi Anna,

How do you know exactly when you ovulated?

Most women ovulate sometime between days 11-16 of their cycle.  You had sex on day 5.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max. 

You then had sex on day 15.  This is when you most likely got pregnant.

She can not tell you exactly when you conceived either, nobody can.  Ultrasound dates are an estimate.

Hi no I was going by my period calendar. I know it might not be accurate but I was going by those dates. Because I wrote everything down on those dates. Usually my period comes every 20 to 21 days a few times sooner than that. And maybe once longer than that. Yeah. My doctor told me that I was 8 weeks she never told me when I conceived. But I read that you don't really count the first 2 weeks is that true?

So my period was 5 days long. So most likely I didn't get pregnant the day after my period?

Your cycle is very short if you get your period every 20-21 days. In that case it could be either time you had sex.

Dates are based on your LMP. Your due date is 40 weeks from your LMP.